Panama Tocumen airport
Last boarding calls
Answers to inquiries usually made by passengers at Panama Tocumen Airport
- COVID-19: What regulations apply to entering Panama?
- What is the cheapest way to get to Panama City?
- Where is the waiting zone for the Uber or Cabify?
- Is it possible to get a SIM card at the airport?
- Is it open 24 hours?
- How is the connection between the terminals?
- What to do in case of a long layover?
- Is it accessible for passengers with reduced mobility?
- What to do in case of loss of valuables or luggage?
- Is there luggage storage service?
- How much does it cost to park at the airport?
- Are there banking services in Tocumen?
- Is there any smoking section?
- Does the airport offer Firs Aid services?
Panama Tocumen Airport (IATA: PTY) serves not only Panama with domestic and international flights, but is also a hub between South America, the Caribbean and North America. The airport is located 17 km (10.5 miles) northeast of Panama City. (See Map).
The airport consists of two terminals. Terminal 1 (north) and Terminal 2 (south). Both terminals have a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and fast food, delicatessen, regional products, Duty Free, bookstore, mobile phones and banking services, free Wi-Fi access, convenience stores, medical clinic, traveler assistance services and vip lounges.
Private and Public Transportation
Taxi and Ridesharing apps:
Two companies operate at the airport: Amber Luna (Amber Moon) and Radio Taxi Plaza Tocumen and the stops are in the arrivals hall of both terminals. There are also private transportation apps, such as Uber or Cabify, that pick up passengers in the parking area. See more
The Metrobus is the bus service that transports tourists and passengers from the airport to the city and vice versa. Rate usd 0.25 each way. See more
Private transfer to Hotels:
If what you are looking for is greater comfort and tranquility, there is a door-to-door private transfer service. Rates from usd 35 (for three people). Learn more
Free Shuttle service:
The Panama Tourism Authority offers free “busitos” services to and from the Metromall Shopping Center. See more
Car rental desks are in Terminal 1, on level 100. See more
Airlines operating in Tocumen airport and location of check-in counters
Covered and open air parking spaces are available. Daily rate: u$d 24.00
Assistance and facilities for special passengers with reduced mobility, bathrooms, signage, parking and ramps for wheelchairs, as well as assigned seats in boarding waiting areas.